Monday, January 5, 2009

In Touch with Heaven

One of the greatest treats for me, that came out of our vacation to see Amy, Gary and our grandkids, was the chance to meet my granddaughter, Heaven. Heaven is now almost 11 months old and this was the first time I had seen her.



I was sure that she would come right to me, but this was not to be the case. I had to work on her a little, but it didn't take long before she realized that I was trustworthy. And once that was established she was very affectionate. I was amazed at how good she was at snuggling in and pulling me close.




I have so enjoyed that moment with each of my grandkids, when they have trusted me enough to fall asleep in my arms for the first time.



And Heaven didn't let me down. There is nothing quite like holding a peacefully sleeping child!

No comments:

Post a Comment