Saturday, May 30, 2009

Turning the "Double Nickel" -- 55 and STILL ALIVE!

I'm going to break down my thought process on this one for you.

I was thinking about turning 55 years old and how that's a number we often associate with a speed limit which made me think about how fast time seems to go now, which made me think about how for me one year represents only 1/55th of my life, while for a child who is two years old, one year represents 50% of his or her life, or actually some less if you hold the belief that life begins at conception, but still a very large portion of their existence, and so it must seem like a relatively long period of time to them, which reminded me of how a young child on a trip will often say, "Are we there, yet?" over and over driving his or her parents "over the edge" and how that's because for the parents that time period doesn't represent nearly as large of a portion of their life and so for them it's no big deal, but for the kid, it's HUGE and so that's why time seems to go by faster as we get older, kind of like how if you're driving a car at one mile per hour, it's going to take you a much longer time to get there, but as you increase that speed, it take less and less time, which makes me wonder what it's like for my Dad who is going down the road of life at 86 miles per hour, and at his age I think that's entirely too fast for him to be driving, which makes me think about life after death which must eventually be like traveling faster than the speed of life. (I was going to say faster than the speed of light, but my fingers typed "life" which says it much better!)

Kind of scary! By that, I mean the creative process of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment